Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LOOONG ROAD TRIP

Matt and I took a very long road trip to visit friends and family before we headed off to Texas. I apologize for the extremely long post this time, but I couldn't cut out anymore pictures than I already did!
We started off the trip in EDH. Matt did an Open Water Swimming Race at Folsom Lake one morning. As you can see it was quite smokey because of all the fires (and this was on a good day).
Matt came in 3rd in his division!

We were able to see the Ricks' who came up for a visit. We went wake boarding with them, and then played a little croquet. I was the winner, but Dave came in a close second!




I had to put this one up because I finally got in and out of the wake!

We spent some time in San Francisco, and visited our good friends the Robarge's. Here's a couple of pictures of us on top of a 24 story roof, where Jensen and Erika live. They were nice enough to let us spend the night with them.



You can tell Matt and Jensen missed each other.

Erika took us on a lovely tour of San Francisco the next morning. We went to the Golden Gate Bridge (hence the picture), Golden Gate Park, Ocean Beach, Alamo Square, saw the Painted Ladies, Haight and Ashbury, and Union Square. It was quite the fun filled morning!

That afternoon we met up with the rest of the Harrison Clan and went to Alcatraz and a Giants game. (Also, I celebrated Canada Day by wearing my "Canadian Hockey Rocks!" T-shirt).

The Giants won, so it was a good end to a great day!


Fourth of July in Whitehawk, CA (Grandparents house). I went horseback riding that morning with some of the girls. This is my horse Raven.

Then Matt went golfing that afternoon with the boys. Only after Ken had been helicoptered to the hospital for breaking both the bones in his lower right leg. (It wasn't the best fourth of July ever).

We proceeded from Whitehawk to Salem, OR to visit my family this time. One morning Matt, Jeff and I went to the driving range, and apparently I needed a little help :)

My family along with my cousins family went to my favourite beach, Pacific City. We all climbed the sand dune and then the boys decided to jump off the top.

Us on top of the dune.

He was trying to be funny, but I don't think my aunt and little cousins thought he was very funny at all.


One fine day we traveled down to Eugene, OR to spend a day with the Smiths and their adorable little boy Spencer. We had a lot of fun visiting them and are sad we won't see them again for a long time. We went miniature golfing, ate lots of good food, and spent a lot of time playing with Spencer. He was my favourite, sorry Steve and Marissa.


We pretended Spencer was ours for this picture.

The Smiths and the Harrisons!


We ended the long trip back in Utah, where my family had traveled out to to take Jeff into the MTC. He is going to Samoa. Again we went miniature golfing (Matt really likes it). My mom killed us all.


Well, that's the end of our long road trip, and now we're in Texas so I'll try my best to keep everyone updated on med school and teaching and life in general!




4 comments:

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

We were so glad that you guys visited us in Eugene! Hopefully it won't be too long until we meet up again. Glad you have a blog!

erika said...

Hey good post! And way to go on uploading pictures--I am totally impressed! Good luck in Texas! Very exciting!

Amber Smith said...

Adam and I are so excited that you and his parents ended up in the same city! So many more opportunities to see you guys in the next 4 years!

Annie. said...

Yay! Meagan is posting! I loved these pictures and reading about your trip. So much fun! Oh, and to delete photos all you have to do is click on them and hit the delete key. Or click right after them and hit delete. :) We miss you guys already...yes, even Matt, because he is cool also. But you're my favorite. P.s. Your zip up BYU sweatshirt thingy is too cool for school. Good thing you are gone and I can't steal it from you.