Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Age of Aquarius

Meagan's spring break occurs the week after mine, so we decided to do something fun on the weekend between the the two. I celebrated my spring break by waiting too long to buy a plane ticket and consequently not going to Utah to ski. Oops. I did buy a new desk for our den and maintained a rigorous TV watching schedule. We decided to check out the Dallas World Aquarium. We enjoyed the walk through the shark tunnel while navigating through the worlds largest stroller population.


I could take him.
The aquarium is home to two giant manatees. I am taking the high road by not making any jokes that would compare my pregnant wife to one of these creatures. I just wouldn't do that.

Meagan wore lots of clothes to hid her cute belly, but the flamingos knew it was there. You can't get anything past these guys.
"When do I get out? I've been in here a really long time!"

"Your hand got ate!" I swear something along those lines were shouted by the lady next to me while this was happening.

Meagan was the brave one and let Tucan Sam eat out of her hand first. But her picture comes after mine because uploading images onto blogspot is counter intuitive.

Any day that starts at Waffle House and ends at Carls Jr. is a good one. It just happens to lower your life expectancy by a few months. Worth it!
Also we drove 25 miles from home to eat here. Don't tell Al Gore.

9 comments:

Annie. said...

Talon loves Waffle House! They used to go there all the time when his parents were mission presidents in Alabama. Matt-good idea to lay off the manatee jokes. I speak from experience.

Sally said...

Fun day! That stinks that your spring breaks don't coincide, but still, yay for breaks! :)

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Don't sweat it pal! As soon as amy lou rodgers waltzes in here with the key, you're walkin'!

Historical Note: Love the "Shat" (Shark Hat) Meagan

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

In othe news, we are hoping that our man-children can get together and ask each other how they know what they know and just how thick the books were that proves they know what they know.

Super Historical Note: Our word verification was "Syroti" wow

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

What kind of people leave 3 comments(!) on another person's blog!? When the time is right, you'll know...

Urphtsid-Can you guess where I go this one? Yep, WV

Scottie and Angie said...

You posted!!! Yipee!I always get so excited to get updates on your both. I love the zoo and aquirium!!! It looks like you had a nice time,thanks for sharing.
Angie

Scott Parker said...

Dude, congrats again on the upcoming arrival. We are excited for you and we just wanted to say that we highly recommend the name Parker, that way you will always feel an obligation to keep in touch with us and hang out when we get older.

STEVEN said...

Please take me to this zoo when I move there. Shark and manatees?? Doesn't get any better. I am mailing my acceptance letter this week...

Scottie and Angie said...

Scottie and I decided to make our blog private, so if you could please email me, I will then email you back with an INVITE!!! Because we love when you look at our blog and know what we are up to.
Love ya,
Angie
shortstuff17_2003@hotmail.com