Wednesday, October 8, 2008

MED SCHOOL/HIGH SCHOOL

I realize that time must be going by pretty quick because I haven't posted in over a month. So here is a run down of what we've been up to. Matt is kept busy every night for Med School, studying away. We are now in what the med students like to call Death-tober because they have a number of hard tests this month. We've had 3 BYU students come and stay with us while they were here interviewing at the school for next year. So we're hoping that there will be more LDS students coming in next year.
Matt is currently taking Anatomy and gets to completely dissect a human body, which when he tells me about it I'm definitely glad its not me doing it. He held a human brain in his hand just the other day. Because the Anatomy Lab smells so bad they wear scrubs, but I can still smell it on him a little bit when he comes home.

While Matt is studying away each day I am trying to teach U.S. History to a bunch of high schoolers. School in Texas is a lot different then Utah or Oregon, but I am getting used to it and the good days still out weigh the bad ones. I really love teaching and most of the time my students are really great. And I love the other teachers, they're all really nice and we have a good time teaching together. Even though I get paid more here in Texas, they definitely require more of my time so I'm not quite sure if it was a fair trade off. But Matt and I are both happy and doing great. Besides school I teach CTR 5 on Sundays and have the cutest little group of kids, poor Matt doesn't have a calling still and is feeling a little left out I think. Other than that now that it's not so hot (only in the 80s each day) and I haven't seen a cockroach in weeks I'm liking Texas a little more each day!

3 comments:

Annie. said...

CTR 8, eh? Sounds like fun! We miss you guys. What else is new? You've got to have more news than that! :)

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

Thanks for the update! It's great to hear about how you guys are doing. Stevenson did the whole cadaver dissection too- grooosssss. His was also super fat- hence the reason why Stevenson will no longer eat corn bread- the color is too similar?? Anyway, we miss you guys. Stevenson will get to see you at Thanksgiving, i think.

-Marissa

Christopher said...

Glad to hear you're both adjusting okay. Texas will continue to grow on you. We miss having you guys around and talk regularly about future reunions in Telluride.