Monday, October 20, 2008

PUMPKIN GONE


Matt here. When I was little I would say "pumpkin gone" when ever I saw a pumpkin. Apparently, I would also say "football gone." I guess I just wanted fall to end so I could go skiing. As a two year old. I'm really looking forward to world famous ski season this year in Dallas.

Thanks to Denae for the most awesome apron ever. I think the only way an apron could be manly is to put a bull on it, I'm glad those Spaniards got it figured out.

She's pretty cute.


We had a lack of quality pumpkin carving knives in our house, so I went a little traditional and easy this year. Also I have an attention span worthy of making only the easiest designs. That probably won't come back to haunt me later as a doctor.

"All right nurse, I think we're done here."

"But you've only cut him halfway open."

"Yeah, I just don't really feel like finishing right now. He'll live."


Meagan posseses more fine motor skills and patience than I do, so her spider is pretty awesome.

I wish I had the skill to carve a matching double chin in my pumpkin. That would be awesome.

Our little pumpkins just enjoying the 80 degree Dallas Autumn air.


Little blast from the past when Meagan and I were in the same ward in 2004. She's not in this picture.

It's all fun and games until you go behind the concession stand at the dollar theater without permission.

On a totally unrelated note, there are a couple of words and phrases I wouldn't mind ever to hear again. I don't know why, I just can't stand them.

1. Blogosphere (or any play on the word blog)

2. Grass roots

3. Jazzercise

4. Ad nausem

5. BYU get crushed by TCU 32-7.



4 comments:

Karim said...

The "pumpkin gone" story is funny. Honestly, how will you survive without your Utah slopes, Matt?

Stevenson and Marissa's Blog said...

i too loath the word jazzercise. I would also include in my list "nestle."

Nice facial hair matt- stevenson too has grown the post-BYU beard, and now Go-tee (sp?) Hopefully we skip the mustache stage this time around. THanks for posting guys! love the updates and your pumpkin is amazing meagan!

-Marissa

TD Quong said...

Wow, those are some fine looking pumpkins! Nice job guys! I can't believe it's still that hot there....welcome to Texas, huh?
We have an article we'd like you to read please Matt so you can write a letter to the editor. It was Tyler's idea because we knew it would make you crazy. It wasn't in the Daily Universe; it was actually in Square (that free magazine you get on your doorstep). Let us know if you want us to mail it to you. ;)
Take care guys, we miss you.

betsy said...

Hey Matt! So Eric Ryan (whom I saw in your halloween pictures as I was stalking you and your wife) is my cousin! Tell him I say hola, I am glad you all are friends, he's cool.